- This event has passed.
17 March @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
I would like to invite you to come and check out the Potager Garden at The Post & Rail.
A Cooking and Gardening School in Compton (just 10 mins from Mount Gambier)
Date: Sunday 17th of March 10am – 4pm
This is a free event, bookings not necessary but would love to know for ideas of numbers and food etc.
Wander through the vegetable garden, come and taste some samples of nibbles provided throughout the day from the garden and sample some Sour Dough.
Attractions on the day:
– Preserves from my garden for tastings and also for sale. (taste home made Lemon Squash, Jams, Chutneys, Worcestershire Sauce, Plum Sauce.
– Vegetables from the garden for sale…. (there are heirloom pumpkins, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, lots more. Plus Herbs)
– Wine Tasting from The Apsley (a boutique vineyard from my family in Apsley)
– The Launch of my first Art Exhibition. Paintings of Australian Birds, Flowers, Animals and Fruit.
– Wood Fired Pizza Oven. (simple mortarless design, easy and diy) Inspections and questions welcome…….it’s still being built at the moment, but I’m confident that it will be done by the opening date!
– Advanced Trees and potted shrubs for sale. (reasonable prices)
– Seeds for sale.
– Rustic Furniture including bread boards, outdoor benches, candle holders, some slabs.
– Lucas Mill demonstration upon request. (Matt, my partner has a Lucas Mill which is a portable saw mill which can slab or cut dimensional timber) It is in our side paddock ready to impress any one who is interested in timber. I’m told it is every man’s dream to own one and I must admit, the testosterone level increases the closer you get to it! (just an observation!)